Are We Alone - ¡A.I. Caramba!
When the IBM computer, Watson, snatched the “Jeopardy” title from its human competition, that raised the question of just how smart are machines? Could artificial intelligence ever beat humans at their own game… of being human?
Hear why an A.I. expert says it’s time to make peace with your P.C.; the machines are coming. Also, why technology is already self-evolving, and presenting its own demands. Find out what technology wants.
And, a man who went head-to-chip with a computer and says machines will never beat the human mind. Plus, we take a voyage into “2011: An Emotional Odyssey.”
- Kevin Kelly – Editor-at-large at Wired and author of What Technology Wants
- Henry Lieberman – Research scientist at the M.I.T. Media Laboratory
- Brian Christian – Science writer, poet and author of The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive
- Horst Simon – Deputy Director, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Shankar Sastry – Dean of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Jean Paul Jacob – Scholar in Residence at U.C. Berkeley and IBM Researcher, Emeritus
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.