Are We Alone - Skeptic Check: ESP or Think Again
You’re right: it’s a show about ESP. And, correct again: we’re excited about the publication of a paper that claims precognition exists. You’ve already divined what our paranormal investigator says about the paper, whether the statistics that it cites are significant, and what the editor-in-chief of a major scientific journal has to say on the tricky matter of publishing such a result at all.
You’re not surprised that Brains on Vacation takes on the matter of Armageddon-by-exploding-star, because, you knew that. You also knew that it will be an excellent show. But, tune in anyway – consider it a repeat.
- Bruce Alberts – Editor-in-chief of Science
- Jim Underdown – Executive Director, Center for Inquiry – Los Angeles
- Jeff Rouder – Quantitative psychologist, University of Missouri
- Phil Plait – Skeptic and keeper of the website badastronomy.com
- Steve Macknik – Neuroscientist, author of Sleights of Mind: What the Neuroscience of Magic Reveals about Our Everyday Deceptions
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.