Are We Alone - SETI: Now What?
ENCORE: Hello! Is anyone out there? As the scientific search for extraterrestrial intelligence marks its 50th anniversary, there’s been no contact as yet with alien beings. But SETISETI retrospective that looks at the past and future of the search.
We remember the first scientific SETI search… Carl Sagan… how the SETI Institute began… the WOW signal…and the 1993 NASA budget cuts.
We’ll also hear from critics of the search… scientists involved in optical SETI and SETI@home. Plus, international collaborations… and where the search is headed.
Guests: researchers maintain that we are not alone. Find out why in a
- Frank Drake – Director of the Carl Sagan Center for the Study of Life in the Universe, SETI Institute
- Jill Tarter – Director of the Center for SETI Research, SETI Institute
- Tom Pierson – CEO, SETI Institute
- Paul Horowitz – Physicist, electrical engineer, Harvard University
- Dan Werthimer – Chief Scientist, SETI@home, University of California, Berkeley
- Ben Zuckerman – Physicist, Astronomer, UCLA
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.